The High Line, a former rail line used to transport goods along the lower West Side, has transformed the West Chelsea area of Manhattan into one of the hottest neighborhoods for new development. Over the past years, developers having been racing to scoop up plots of land adjacent to the elevated park to construct luxury condos.
Today, the High Line is a popular destination for enjoying the warmer months in the city, strolling along and taking in the various skyline views. Additionally, some of the best names in architecture have built condos that are attracting high-end buyers. Below are 5 of the top buildings along the High Line in West Chelsea.
Situated at 522 West 29th Street, Soori High Line is most known for the inclusions of private pools into the modern design of 16 of the 31 residences.
- Greatest number of homes with private pools in the city
- Designed by SCDA
- Ceilings Up to 18 Feet
- Verenna Poliform-designed Kitchens
Peter Marino has designed an ultra boutique condo at 501 West 24th Street that only a few lucky individuals will get to call home.
- 12 story building consisting of only 6 bespoke homes designed by Peter Marino
- Base will be a museum and gallery holding the private collection of J. Tomilson Hill worth $800 million
- All floorplans different and decked out in 80 various kinds of stone, marble, and wood finishes
- Penthouse will have a private, rooftop pool
First residential project in New York City by Brazilian architect Isay Weinfeld that will incorporate many lush gardens and landscaping. Located at 527 West 27th Street.
- Gardens/outdoor spaces will be central to the project with a lush, central garden that will connect the development’s 2 towers
- Name is the Portuguese word for garden
- 2, 11-story towers with 36 1-4 bedroom condos – both towers have duplex penthouses
- Pricing expected to start just under $2 million
- Amenities: pool, fitness center, massage & treatment rooms, kid’s playroom, and 38-car parking
520 W 28th Street
520 W 28th Street is the late Hadid's only project in New York, and thus, has an inherent special value to it as it brings her signature elements along the High Line. The design is based on graceful curves inspired by nature that are a contrast to the hard angles generally seen in residential architecture
- 39 Residences
- Kitchens custom designed by Zaha Hadid in collaboration with Boffi
- Amenities include: 75 ft sky lit pool, private iMax movie Theater, wellness level, lounge level, and entertainment suite on the High Line
515 High Line – 515 W 29th Street
Located at 515 West 29th Street, 515 High Line will be Soo Chan's, principal of SCDA, masterpiece in West Chelsea.
11 story condo with curved glass fin facade
15 apartments, 5 of which will be penthouses
Designed by Soo Chan, Principal of SCDA
Each residence will have direct, keyed elevator access
Design features include Bulthaup Kitchens with Gaggenau appliances, custom millwork, and Lutron HomeWorks QS System