Just as we change out our wardrobes with the season, so, too, do we change out our home decor. Home fragrance is a key component of decor, and scents make the home more inviting. If you have your home staged to sell, take this time to look at the decor the stager has in your home- does it match the season? Details are important when it comes to staging and selling a home, and scent has a big impact on memory. What candles are you burning at open houses on a chilly fall Sunday? Switch out your candles to warm, inviting, rich scents that match the season and make your property memorable!
Downtown New Development
The Victoria Shtainer Team recently previewed two of the hottest new developments in downtown Manhattan. Downtown (SoHo and TriBeCa) have always been desirable areas, however, the desirability is spreading even lower to areas such as lower TriBeCa and Financial District. Now, all of Downtown is the place to be with the hottest restaurants, shops, and destinations arriving to this locale, and many dubbing it "The New Downtown." We previewed the residences at the new Beekman Hotel and the West Village project, The Shephard. Both projects have beautiful model units open, and both were burning the best in fall home fragrance from Ambre by Diptyque to Ambre Japonais by Byredo. These units inspired us and reminded us how much scent can transform the home!
The private residences at The Beekman are attached to the newly opened Beekman Hotel which is operated by Thompson Hotels. The Beekman is steeped in history, with its famous Temple Court 9-story atrium that dates back to 1890. The hotel is in the original structure along with the restaurant and bar, and the residences are in a brand new, glass tower directly adjacent to the original structure.
Residences at The Beekman offer hotel-style living similar to other new developments such as 30 Park Place. With that being said, living in a building such as this offers a full suite of amenities, including in-room dining.
The Beekman offers one, two, three bedroom and Penthouse residences starting 170 feet in the sky. The views from the apartments are spectacular. The floor-to-ceiling windows allow residents to take in sweeping views of the rivers, downtown skyline, and midtown on north facing units. Interiors are designed by Thomas Juul-Hansen with finishes including Madreperola Quartzite Stone countertops, Miele appliances, and marble flooring in the bathrooms.
Living in a hotel certainly has its perks. Residents at The Beekman will enjoy their own private entrance and lobby and have access to the integrated luxury hotel amenities, preferred rates at Thompson Hotels worldwide, in-room dining from hotel restaurant Fowler & Wells run by Tom Colicchio and Keith McNally, as well as access to à la carte housekeeping services. Other amenities include a fitness center with access to personal training, roof terrace, and a media room. The location, at the heart of downtown is convenient to downtown neighborhoods, and all the new arrivals such as The Oculus.
Current availability starting at $1.5M for a 1 Bed, 1 Bath up to a 3 Bed, 2.5 Bath offered at $4.15M. Contact Us for exact availability and pricing.
Situated in the quaint West Village, the Shepard feels like it has been a long-time neighborhood resident, utilizing the original facade of the building and welcoming guests with its carriage house lobby. The residences have a coziness about them with vaulted ceilings and unique arched windows.
The residences feature warm and rich finishes that blend both modern and old-world styles including brass hardware and custom Gachot solid wood floors. Kitchens feature brass and satin nickel finishes with a full Miele appliance package. Bathrooms are luxurious with heated floors by Lefroy Brooks and custom Mahogany vanities.
The Shephard will offer residents a full amenities package which includes a private garden, library curated by Assouline, spa, wood-paneled gym, and recreation room.
Currently, The Shephard has residences available starting with a 3 Bed, 3.5 Bath Maisionette offered at $6.9675M all the way up to unique penthouses starting at $24.5M. If you are interested in becoming a part of this special West Village project, contact us.
Fill Your Home With The Best Fall Scents:
The season's most popular scents are based in natural elements and materials- think woods, leathers, and spices. Below are 8 candles with fall scents to make your home smell wonderful. You know what we will be burning this season!
1. Byredo Bibliothèque: A cozy library filled with rich leather chairs and old books, an ideal fall setting and this inspiration behind this scent. A leather base with vanilla has notes of peach and plum for a teach of sweetness - $80 Neiman Marcus
2. NEST Cashmere Suede: A truly warm and rich fragrance. Cashmere woods with notes of tobacco leaves, black amber, and suede. Bergamot and fig finish the scent. - $40 NEST
3. Maison Margiela Jazz Club: The Margiela fragrance line is inspired by settings and time periods, each candle with a unique location on the label. Jazz evokes the cozy, warm atmosphere of a private club with notes of tobacco leaf, vanilla bean, pink pepper, and neroli oil.- $60 Nordstrom
4. Diptyque Feu de Bois: A scent that will transform any room into a crackling fire. The perfect accompaniment to chilly fall days. -$62 Diptyque
5. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille: From his newly launched candle line, the famous tobacco vanille scent from the maison is reminiscent of an old English gentleman's club. A spice-infused blend of tobacco and vanilla. -$250 Bergdorf Goodman
7. Cire Trudon Ernesto: A candle inspired by the Cuban revolution- leather and cigar smoke set stage. Based in leather, tobacco, and amber with notes of bergamot, grapefruit, and rhum. - $95 Cire Trudon
8. Volupsa Maison Holiday: A great blend for the holidays to come with cinnamon ceylon and copal blended with resin and amber. -$16 Nordstrom