Father's Day is just around the corner on Sunday, June 19th so its time to start thinking about planning a special day for him, or, perhaps, a special gift. Father's Day does not have to mean another tie to add to his collection of hundreds. The Victoria Shtainer Team has curated a list of places to take Dad on his special day in the city and The Hamptons from a little R&R to some great brews, we have the perfect list for you.
If you are unable to spend time in-person with Dad, consider sending him a thoughtful gift. Below, you will find a selection of gift ideas that will be sure to add a luxurious touch to his day.
Kayaking on the Hudson : Spend some time on the water of New York Harbor, taking in city views from a different perspective. The Downtown Boathouse is an all-volunteer nonprofit organization dedicated to providing free public access to the harbor in NYC. With that being said, sit-on-top kayaks as well as brief instructions and all necessary safety equipment is provided complimentary.
Hudson River Park at Pier 26
John Allan's Spa for Men : This spa, or as dubbed by John Allan, "men's club", is all about just that, men. It is the premier men's grooming club that has created a luxury concept and lifestyle around their brand. Multiple locations can be found throughout the city, and they are available for yearly membership or on a per service basis. Consider treating Dad to the signature Full Service which consists of a 30-minute grooming service with scalp massaging shampoo and conditioning treatment, hot towel, haircut, manicure, and shoe shine. Looking for a rejuvenating rubdown? Choose from Swedish or deep-tissue options in 30 or 60-minute sessions.
Locations Throughout the City
The NoMad: The restaurant at the popular NoMad hotel is a sibling to Eleven Madison Park and is a collaboration from co-owners Daniel Humm and Will Guidara. If you are looking to enjoy a brunch with Dad with an elevated, luxurious atmosphere, this spot is worth checking out. The atrium dining room features inviting armchairs and the decor evokes a feeling of Old New York. Notable brunch items include the poached eggs and egg with quinoa. Afterwards, enjoy a cocktail in the library bar.
1170 Broadway (at 28th Street)
Brooklyn Brewery: If Dad loves beer, consider taking him to Brooklyn Brewery to enjoy the tasting room and a tour. The tasting room is open on Sundays from 12-6pm, so you can come in and grab a ticket for a free tour. The Brewery has experienced a lot of growth, and as a result, their portfolio of brews has grown as well, with their Brooklyn Lager being the flagship. The free tours on Sunday start on the half hour beginning at 1pm until 4pm. Please note that tables in the tasting room are on a first come first served basis.
79 N 11th Street, Brookyln
Sadelles: Looking for a quaint breakfast with Dad complete with bagels? This is your spot! The SoHo eatery is known for its bagels and bakery specials that are all made in-house. The menu is all about New York Classics including bagels, chopped salads, and sandwiches. The signature menu item is the $100 tower of smoked fish and fixings for the ultimate Father's Day breakfast or brunch. If you are looking to enjoy dinner, the space transforms into a completely candlelit dining room in the evenings.
463 West Broadway
Sparkling Pointe "Cheers for Dad": The Northfork vineyard will once again be hosting "Cheers for Dad" at the Tasting Room. Enjoy a glass of Sparkling Pointe sparkling wine paired with a trio of sliders. There will be live music by Alex Clough Jazz Duo. Tickets can be purchased online for $30.
39750 County Road 48, Southold, NY
At Sea: A Designer Showcase: Get in the mood for summer with the new exhibition on display at The White Room On display will be artwork that pays homage to the summer season and the beauty of the East End. The exhibition features oil paintings by Jill Krutick, and photography by Michele Dragonetti, EJ Camp, and Claudia Ward. Pieces are available for purchase, so it is okay if Dad falls in love with one!
2415 Main Street, Bridgehampton, NY
Sangria Sunday's: Enjoy a relaxing evening at the Harbor Bistro in East Hampton with Dad. Sunday evenings, the Bistro hosts Sangria Sunday's with live music. You will enjoy $5 sangria, $6 drink specials, and $8 nosh specials including chipotle hummus, chicken potstickers, and grilled gulf shrimp.
313 Three Mile Harbor Hog Creek Road, East Hampton, NY
Father's Day Gift Ideas
From a favorite cologne to luxurious headphones, below are a few ideas for gifts here is sure to love. You will not find any ties here!
1. Tom Ford Fragrance: The Tom Ford favorite, Neroli Portofino, has recently received an update with a new edition "Neroli Portofino Forte." The new edition ups the intensity of the wonderful Neroli scent. He will be reminiscing of trips to the Amalfi Coast! Bergdorf Goodman
2. Vilebrequin Trunks: The St. Tropez swimwear brand, known for its splashy prints, is perfect as we approach summer. There are myriad prints from which to select, but we are partial to the classic turtles. They are also available in smaller sized for the little guy, so Dad and son can match all summer long. Vilebrequin
3. Nespresso Virtuoline: Is Dad a coffee lover? If yes, then Nespresso is the perfect gift him. Elevate is at-home coffee brewing experience with the Virtuoline from Nespresso. This sleek machine will allowing him to brew both espressos and coffees. Receive 20% off on all machines now through June 20th! Nespresso
4. Master & Dynamic Wireless Headphones: Master & Dynamic brings sophisticated styling and premium sound quality to its products. Dad can enjoy his favorite music with the MW60 over ear headphones that will connect to his device via bluetooth, eliminating the cables. Master & Dynamic
5. Custom Wall Print: This custom wall art from Shutterfly is sure to be a gift that he will cherish and remember. You can select any photo of your choosing, and it printed on metal for an interesting piece to adorn any room in the house. Select sizes are up to 30% off until June 14th! Shutterfly
We are Nearby!
Browse some of our wonderful current offerings that are nearby our recommendations.